Archivist and Driver
A vacancy has arisen for an Archivist/Driver based in the Archiving department at our Orpington Warehouse. You will report to the Archives Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To liaise with partners and staff as to the storage of deeds/documents/closed files
· Upon receipt of deeds/documents/closed files, to safeguard them until the indexing/archiving process has been completed
· To index/cross reference deeds/documents/closed files in the appropriate record/register
· To ensure that deeds/documents/closed files are placed in the correct order in the appropriate storage area
· To ensure that the indexing/cross referencing complies with office procedure so that items can be readily identified and retrieved
· To ensure that deeds and documents are stored in numerical/alphabetical order in a tidy and orderly fashion so as to correspond with their index reference
· To ensure that retrieved items (if returned) are replaced in the correct position corresponding with their index reference
· Collecting files and delivering files to our offices
· When requested, to move desks, filing cabinets etc., (some heavy lifting is involved)
· To deal with other ad-hoc matters (e.g. changing light bulbs)
· A flexible and co-operative attitude
· Methodical and organised approach to work
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment
· Must be able to drive and, in order to meet insurers’ requirements, must have a clean driving licence at all times - failure to adhere to these requirements will lead to a termination of the contract
· Neat and legible handwriting
· Good numerical/alphabetical skills
· Basic IT skills
Although you will be mainly based at Orpington but will be expected to drive between our offices which include Welling, Bexleyheath, Orpington, Sidcup and Dartford.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, pension scheme, employee healthcare cashback scheme, childcare voucher scheme and employee assistance programme.