Based at Bexleyheath
T G Baynes are a long established and successful full-service firm with offices situated throughout North-West Kent. Our status within the Legal 500 and the Lexcel Award we hold shows the professional service we provide to our clients. T G Baynes is a firm that are committed to equal opportunities and promoting and developing staff through ongoing training and regular appraisals.
Due to the expansion of the Wills and Probate department at our Bexleyheath office, we are currently seeking 3 new Wills Writers.
These positions would possibly suit a Legal Secretary or Paralegal who is looking to progress within this area of law.
- To engage with clients in an efficient and courteous way so as to promote the firm and the "Easywill" package.
- To take instructions from clients who call at the office without appointment enquiring about straightforward Wills.
- For simple Wills, to prepare, explain and submit draft documents for approval as quickly as possible – on the same day or within 24 hours.
- To present the firm's account promptly and to secure immediate settlement.
- To ensure that all enquiries outside the scope of "Easywill", involving trusts, IHT advice etc, are referred to senior members of the Wills and Probate team.
- Pleasant and courteous manner
- Efficient and co-operative attitude
- Diligent and conscientious approach to work
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good interpersonal skills
- PC literacy
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Some experience working within a Probate department either as a Legal Secretary/Paralegal/Legal Assistant.
- Must have a full driving licence and access to a car as you will be expected to visit clients at our other offices and at their homes.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Benefits include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme, employee healthcare cashback scheme and employee assistance programme.