Whether you are running a business (be that a company, partnership or sole trader) or an employee of such a business, you will probably need assistance in relation to employment law at some point. The employment relationship may be said to be one of the most important in your life and it is therefore imperative that steps are taken to preserve this as a much as possible. We can help you with this, as well as dealing with disputes where relations have broken down irretrievably.
We feel it is important that we work both for and against individuals and businesses, as opposed to working with employers or employees exclusively as other solicitors do, to improve our understanding of negotiating factors relevant to both sides which we consider assists us in resolving disputes quickly and cost effectively. We also offer assistance to agency and casual workers as well as the self-employed in relation to contracts and minimum rights afforded to them under legislation.
Human Resources’ role is ever more complicated and becoming increasingly uncertain as the country gets to grips with Brexit and its impact.
The employee is no less clear on their rights or their job security as we learn of the UK’s intentions when it comes to its workforce after the country leaves the European Union.
T G Baynes has assisted both Employees and Employers for many years and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters. Let us help guide you through the complexities and pitfalls in this area.
We can advise you on:-
- Employment contracts (Drafting & Interpretation) including zero hours contracts and consultancy agreements
- Handbooks, polices and procedures
- TUPE Transfers (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection & Employment) Regulations)
- Performance Management
- Settlement Agreements
- References to ACAS
- Strikes, lay off, short working and Trade Union Relations
- Agency and Self Employed workers
- Unfair Dismissal (including constructive dismissal)
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Equal Pay and unlawful deductions from wages
- Discrimination (Religious, Race, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Marital)
- Family Friendly Rights
- Public Interest Disclosure/Whistleblowing
- Representation in the Employment Tribunal and County Court
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolutions.