Receptionist – Part Time
Based at Bexleyheath
A vacancy has arisen at our Bexleyheath office for a receptionist to help cover our busy reception and phone lines. The successful candidate will join our reception team and help to ensure that our reception runs smoothly, deal with visitors and telephone calls quickly and professionally.
Although the role is part time, some flexibility may be required to help cover staff holiday and absences when required at Bexleyheath and our other offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To answer incoming telephone calls and connect them to the appropriate member of staff
- To deal with telephone queries from partners and staff
- To take messages when necessary and ensure partners and staff receive such messages as soon as possible
- To receive all clients entering the premises and refer appointments and general enquires to the appropriate member of staff
- To receive cheques and give receipts to clients
- To act as intermediary between client and staff when necessary
- Ensure all appointments are logged in the diary at the beginning of the day
- To handle incoming/outgoing post as necessary
- To undertake such other office duties as necessary – for instance to send, receive and distribute faxes and to act as a back-up for other routines
- To ensure that the reception area is kept clean and tidy and that displayed magazines are kept up to date
- Ideally have experience of working at a law firm/some legal knowledge
- A courteous and co-operative attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some flexibility required and able to cover reception as and when required at all our offices
- Must be well presented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Knowledge of relevant telephone/switchboard system
- Accuracy in taking and delivering messages
- Ideally able to drive with access to a car as you will be required to help cover at our other offices (Orpington, Sidcup, Welling).
Hours/days are 3 days per week 8.45am to 5.45pm (one day is likely to be a Monday).
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org