T G Baynes is your leading local Solicitor in Kent, with offices in Bexleyheath, Dartford and Orpington. We provide a range of Legal services for both Individuals and Businesses.
An essential part of our philosophy is the recognition of the need to listen to clients, talk over their concerns and help them at every stage. We regularly ask our clients for feedback, which can be found here.
We thrive on building enduring client relationships based on proven professional and practical skills with the help of our flexible and reliable staff. 13 partners and 15 solicitors and chartered legal executives plus 3 consultants in addition to around 100 other staff across 3 locations, we are one of the significant legal service providers in the South East.
The firm has been awarded the quality mark necessary for public funding work in the specialist areas of family law. Since June 2004 the firm has held Lexcel accreditation, making it one of the few firms in England and Wales to acquire The Law Society's standard of excellence in practice management, file management and client care.
The firm is included in The Legal 500 amongst the largest firms in the country.
The firm also trades as Gough Clinton & Broom and Braund & Fedrick.
The firm is authorised regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No. 46768.
Professional Indemnity Insurance cover is provided by Axis Speciality Europe SE. The cover is provided for England and Wales.
Our Chairman is responsible for ensuring the appropriate processes are in place and the required standards met at all times.
T G Baynes Solicitors’ History
In 1895, Thomas Godfrey Baynes established the firm in Bexleyheath. Some years later Mr Baynes was joined by his sons Norman and Reggie, and in time Norman's two sons Michael and John joined the firm. These strong links with the Baynes family were maintained until Michael Baynes retired in 1985. The firm's expansion began in 1915 with the opening of an office in Dartford. Much later, in 1952 the office in Orpington was opened, followed in 1958 by the opening of an office in Welling.
The firm's continuing expansion saw the opening of an office in Sidcup in 1969, and the subsequent incorporation of other practices including Messrs RLW Rons & Co, Messrs A R Wills & Co, Messrs W H Fowke & Co, Messrs Dowding & Dowding and Messrs Chancellor & Ridley.
In 2001 the firm acquired larger business premises in Bexleyheath. These new larger premises have allowed centralised expansion, involving the amalgamation of the offices in Sidcup and Welling, with our Bexleyheath office.
Thereafter the firm’s expansion continued with the acquisition of Gough Clinton & Broom in 2012 and Braund & Fedrick in 2013.
The firm celebrated its 125-year anniversary in 2020.