Conveyancing is the legal process that assists you with one of the biggest decisions you will probably make which is where to live and what type of property you buy.
You will want to feel confident that the title to your property has been investigated fully and to ensure your choice is a wise investment for the future. Using a professional solicitor with excellent local knowledge is vital. They can also advise whether any additional reports such as Flooding, Mining, Ground Stability, Energy and Infrastructure, Residential Developments and Highspeed2 would be beneficial.
Each of our offices in Bexleyheath, Dartford and Orpington has its own residential conveyancing property team who have considerable experience of conveyancing throughout London and the South East. Additionally, we can advise on Transfer of Equity and all aspects of property law should you encounter legal issues with your property.
For an online estimate of the fees and disbursements in relation to your proposed transaction please use our Conveyancing Calculator.
We realise that some of the terminology used when buying or selling a property may be confusing, so we have put together a conveyancing glossary of frequently used terms to help you.
How to instruct us to be your conveyancer
When you are ready to instruct us to handle your residential conveyancing, please read our Client Care Guide, print two copies (one to keep and one to sign and return to us).
You can also access and print all the forms we need to enable us to get your property transaction underway today. Please use the forms most applicable to your proposed transaction from the following:
- FREEHOLD SALE ONLY (generally a 'house')
- LEASEHOLD SALE ONLY (generally a 'flat' or 'apartment')
- FREEHOLD SALE WITH A PURCHASE (i.e. a freehold or leasehold purchase)
- LEASEHOLD SALE WITH A PURCHASE (i.e. freehold or leasehold purchase)
- PURCHASE ONLY (i.e. freehold or leasehold purchase)
When you have printed and completed the appropriate forms, please return them to us by post ensuring that you have:
- read and printed the Client Care Guide; signed and returned one copy to us
- enclosed a cheque made payable to T G Baynes Solicitors for either £75 (sale only) or £350 (purchase only or sale and purchase) on account of costs (see Client Care Guide)
- enclosed a cheque made payable to T G Baynes Solicitors for £150 or £250 if you wish to take up Abortive Fee Cover, depending on which transactions you wish to cover
- attached two forms of original identification (one from 'List A' to confirm your name and one from 'List B' to confirm your address) as set out on the sale and purchase Instructions Form which can be found in the form sets above
Please post the completed forms, your identification documents and cheque(s) to one our dedicated teams at:
- Broadway House, 208 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7BG - Telephone 020 8301 7777
- Baynes House, Market Street, Dartford Kent, DA1 1DB - Telephone 01322 295555
- Downe House, 303 High Street, Orpington, Kent, BR6 0NJ - Telephone 01689 886000
If you would like to talk to us about your proposed transaction please give us a call, and we will be pleased to help.
If you are close to one of our offices, you may call in and deliver the forms and identification documents personally. Your original documents will be copied and returned to you immediately. If you post original documents we suggest these are sent by recorded delivery and we will return them by recorded post.
Please note that we can only deal with conveyancing relating to properties in England & Wales.