For Individuals

Care Home Fees

If a family member has to go into a care home we can advise you on the financial assistance that may be available from the Local Authority and NHS.  The Local Authority has a duty to assist in the payment of care home fees if someone’s assets fall below a prescribed level. There are also detailed rules in relation to whether someone’s home should be taken in to account in calculating how much they have to pay. 

Our guide on Choosing a Care Home provides information on the types of care homes and what to look for when making your choice.

If someone’s care needs are primarily medical, it may be that the local NHS Trust will fund the care needs.

You may also be able to safeguard assets from being used up paying for care if you prepare a suitable Will.