Public Liability Trips, Slips and Falls Claims

What is a Public Liability (including Trips, Slips and Falls) Compensation Claim?

This type of accident covers all sorts of different ways in which people are injured by the actions, inactions or negligence of others.  For instance:

  • you could be walking along a pavement when a paving slab rocks beneath you, or is raised up, and you trip and lose your balance.
  • you could be out shopping when it has been raining and the shop has failed to put out matting to soak up excess water from shoppers’ shoes and you suddenly slip on a wet slippery floor.
  • you could be in a restaurant and walking to your table to be seated when suddenly you slip on some food that has been spilt onto the floor by a waiter and he has forgotten to clean it up.
  • you may have had a fall in or around your home which is owned by another party, such as a landlord

There are many other sorts of other tripping or slipping accidents that could occur, where you may be entitled to compensation. 

What types of injuries can be caused by having a Trip, Slip or Fall?

If you have had a Trip, Slip or Fall, you may have injuries ranging from mild to serious, including sprains and fractures to broken bones and head injuries. The injury is specific to the individual, the situation and the surrounding circumstances of the incident. 

What compensation may I be entitled to if I have had a Trip, Slip or Fall?

At T G Baynes you can be assured that we work to make sure you receive the settlement you are entitled to. We understand that whilst no amount of compensation will relieve the hurt and pain of your injuries you received from a Trip, Slip or Fall, any settlement you do receive can go towards paying medical bills, and expenses you’ve incurred going to and from hospital appointments as a result of the Trip, Slip or Fall, as well as any loss of earnings, both in the past and in the future.  

How do I make a Trip, Slip or Fall compensation claim?

To make a Trip, Slip or Fall compensation claim you will need to start it within three years of being injured, but we do suggest that you contact us as soon as is reasonably possible after your injury. In our extensive experience of such claims, we find that we often need to gather a large amount of evidence from various parties which can take time.

T G Baynes’ dedicated team of solicitors will meet with you and gather all facts and evidence relating to your injury, including where it happened and the circumstances surrounding it. We understand that it may be difficult for you to go over the details of how your injury happened on numerous occasions, which is why we take as many details from you as we can when we first speak.

Once we have taken on your claim, we will continue to guide you through the process of making a Trip, Slip or Fall claim and advise what we can do on your behalf to ensure your claim is successful. Our expert solicitors always listen to your concerns and requirements whilst advising you of the most appropriate process to follow to ensure the right result for you. Our team at T G Baynes communicate with you all facts relating to your claim, ensuring you are able to make informed decisions about it at every step of the way.

T G Baynes can offer No Win No Fee Agreements (CFAs) on qualifying cases.  If you would like to speak to us about making a  Compensation Claim, please call us on 020 8301 7777 or email