With thousands of people being treated for orthopaedic problems every year, it is highly likely that you or someone you know, has been seen by the orthopaedic department. This could be for a traumatic injury such as a broken leg or a chronic injury such as osteoarthritis.
Errors can be made at any time during treatment, i.e. at diagnosis, prognosis, choice of treatment or follow up. In turn, this can lead to complications outside the orthopaedic area, such as damage to nerves and infection.
Some of the most orthopaedic claims we help our clients include:
- Delayed / inaccurate diagnosis at either GP or hospital stage
- Poor treatment of fractures
- Failure to perform appropriate tests or delay in doing so
- Misinterpretation of x-rays / blood tests / other test results
- Inappropriate/poor operative technique in surgery
- Poor cleaning of wounds following operative procedures resulting in infection
- Poor follow up including monitoring of wounds and dressings
Problems encountered by patients following such negligence can vary and are not exhaustive. For example, hip replacement surgery that was not performed correctly, could lead to the patient suffering a difference in leg length or even amputation of a leg.
Our experienced medical negligence team have handled many Orthopaedic claim and successfully, helped many families to recover compensation to help their recovery and future needed.
The experts we use not only provide their opinion as to whether there has been a breach of duty or causation, but will also give recommendations for treatment. We can request interim payments from Defendants, should liability be admitted, to assist with the cost of treatment which we can help you arrange. Our aim is not only to obtain compensation, but to ensure that your recovery is swift and as easy as possible.
T G Baynes can offer No Win No Fee Agreements (CFAs) on qualifying cases. If you feel that you have suffered medical negligence, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email or on 020 8301 7777.